MATO SHIMABALE – PROFILE
Marketing and Corporate Relations Director – Absa Bank Zambia since 2015
- Award winning Marketing and Customer Service Professional
- Marketing Personality of the Year (2013) – Awarded by the Zambia Institute of Marketing
- Customer focused strategic leader of the year (2018) – Awarded by the Zambia Institute of Customer Service.
- As Customer Services Director led Celtel / Zain to Best customer service Organisation in Zambia for two years running 2009 and 2010
- Transformed the call center to the Best performing call center in the Celtel / Zain Group
- Fellow of the Zambia Institute of Marketing
- Change management expert – Led the rebranding of Barclays to Absa Bank in Zambia.
- Also led the brand change from Celtel to Zain to Airtel
- Senior executive leadership experience in multinational organisations with expertise in formulating and executing organizational and department strategic and financial plans
- Over 25 years’ experience with proficiency in commercial operations, strategic marketing, brand communication, customer service, corporate communications, media relations, Stakeholder relations, customer analytics, sponsorships and corporate social responsibility.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics & Public Administration – UNZA
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration – Heriot Watt University
- Advanced certificate in Marketing – Chartered Institute of Marketing UK
- Currently pursuing Doctorate in Business Administration (Dissertation stage).
- Specialized Executive training at London Business School, Witwatersrand University (South Africa) and Chartered institute of Customer Service – UK.
Accredited Lay Preacher – United Church of Zambia (UCZ)