Mrs Mabel Mung’omba – Mrs Mung’omba is an experienced Consultant in all marketing related assignments and has presented papers at very high profile gatherings both internationally and locally. She is an expert is strategic marketing planning, selling and sales management, customer care and marketing communications.
Mabel is the Chief Executive Officer of two companies she co-founded namely; Belcomm Limited and UPSTART Skills Bank. Belcomm limited is a Marketing and Brand building agency while Upstart focuses on training and consultancy in Organization Development, Strategic Planning, Enterprise development, Leadership, Change Management and assisting progressive organizations design strategic plans and tailor made development programs for their staff.
Up until May 2011, she worked as the first Director General of the Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission (CEEC) in Zambia, a quasi government institution while continuing to work as an independent consultant in enterprise development, Strategy/ management development and planning. Mabel also set up and managed the Citizens Economic Empowerment Fund (CEEF) and participated in project evaluations and appraisals almost from all sectors of the Economy and also created collaborated partnerships with financial services providers (FSP’s) for ease of access to the fund in far-flung areas.
Mabel is the past president of the Zambia Institute of Marketing and has more than 18 years experience in the private sector business management at senior management level. She has good exposure in developing very successful brands. She also manages conferences and events. Mabel also led the Proudly Zambian Campaign program (2006 – 2009), which is a national campaign, aimed at promoting the use of local goods and services by Zambians.
Mabel is a highly qualified professional in the area of management. She has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from the Copper belt University of Zambia, three post graduate qualifications namely; Chartered Marketing diploma from the Chartered Institute of Marketing U.K (CIM), an MBA (Masters in Business Administration) in Multinational Finance and International Business and lastly a Cross Sector Partnership qualification from Cambridge University U.K. which focuses on issues of Corporate social responsibility for sustainable development. She is therefore a qualified broker of cross sector partnerships between Government, Business Sector and Civil Society for sustainable development trained by the Partnering Initiative in United Kingdom. The Partnering Brokers Certification for practice course followed this up. She was the winner of the TIM Morgan award for excellence in 2003 in Cardiff Wales. She recently trained in Group Process Facilitation skills with Chuck Norris in Gland Switzerland at the invitation of International Union for Conservation of Nature. She is also a master trainer in Change Management and certified as an OD practitioner.
On the issue of leadership, Mabel was on the team conducting the first ever British Council/Exeter University led leadership development program for the region, namely, Zambia, Malawi and Zimbabwe 2003/2004. She was the local leadership coach and mentor for the 8 Zambian participants. She also served as a facilitator on another successful British Council Interaction leadership program, which was running in 19 African countries whose aim was to build a crop of a new generation of leaders who think and act differently by relocating their energy for change. She was also involved in several program design processes for the same program and other British council programs. She runs tailor made programs for other large organizations in areas of strategic thinking and gleaning methodologies locally, regionally and internationally. E.g. In Malawi, she has worked with Alliance One Tobacco, National Bank of Malawi and Malawi Telecommunications Company on their leadership and change programs, and Citi bank on the cross cultural program. Currently, mabel is working on a one year SIPU consultancy for a GIZ governance program led Ministry of Finance capacity building program in leadership and change management, a DFID/UNDP led Leadership and Capacity Building programme for the Cabinet Office and Ministry of Gender and a major world bank funded Ministry of Finance led Zambia Institute of Purchasing rebranding exercise.
- Cambridge ‘O’ level full certificate in first division
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a bias in Marketing and Finance from the University of Zambia School of Business.
- Post Graduate qualification in cross- sector partnership brokering and nurturing from Cambridge University U.K. in conjunction with the Prince of Wales International Business Leaders Forum. Key focus on brokering of cross sector relationships and issues of corporate social responsibility as a strategy of engendering sustainable development.
- Chartered Institute Of Marketing U.K. diploma.
- Fellow of the Zambia Institute of Marketing.
- MBA (Masters in Business Administration) from Cardiff University Business School in Wales U.K. Key electives in Multinational Finance and International Business.
- Currently pursuing a Doctorate in Business Administration with UNZA/Binary University of Malaysia year three. (Researching in entrepreneur project financing and value chain incubation)
|SUMMARY OF PROFFESSIONAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE/COMPETENCIES|
- More than 18 Years in areas of high-level private sector executive business management
- Enterprise and Business development specialist and Facilitator
- Project appraisal and evaluation
- Team building, team development, mentoring and coaching facilitator;
- Certified Organisation Development and results based management Trainer (Includes moderation and facilitation skills)
- Master trainer and program designer in Leadership development and facilitation.
- Trainer in Management of change for transformation.
- Strategic policy management and planning.
- Sales and Marketing planning, Marketing research and branding specialist.
- Budgeting skills facilitator
- Public Relations and Customer Service trainer.
- Certified Cross-sectoral partnership broker
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility strategist
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with established contacts in the Zambian regional and international environment.
- High levels of analytical and gleaning skills