Fellowship Admission Criteria
The Fellowship membership category is the highest and most prestigious membership category of the Institute. Those who ascend to the position of President of the Institute are drawn from this category. Because of this, particular attention is paid to the credentials of applicants wishing to upgrade to this membership category. It is also evident that only Full members are eligible to upgrade to Fellow upon proving that one has rendered unbroken service to the profession and have practiced for not less than ten years.
- ADMISSION CRITERIA
- One must be an active Full member and practiced in the marketing profession for not less than ten (10) years.
Applicants who would already be Full Members of the Institute, for upgrade to the highest status of Fellow of the Zambia Institute of Marketing shall be required to provide two (2) written references from the under listed eminent personalities clearly authenticating the stated competences and achievements in the field of Marketing by the applicants for Fellowship Upgrade.
- One (1) Fellow of the Zambia Institute of Marketing.
- One (1) Eminent Marketing Personality from Industry (Previous/Current Employer of Fellowship Applicant).
- Core Personal Attainments in Marketing Practice
- Marketing Practitioners in Commerce and Industry
- Applicant has significantly generated new product innovations and development in a particular sector of commerce and industry; or
- Applicant has introduced unique marketing practices in commerce and industry; or
- Applicant has been engaged in marketing practice at a senior level (Functional Head) for at least Five (5) years in commerce and industry; or
- Applicant has alternatively practiced as a marketing consultant for at least ten (10) years and has acquired eminence in the profession.
- Marketing Practitioners in Academia
- Applicant has significantly contributed to the body of marketing knowledge through consistent publication of marketing literature and professional texts in marketing for utilisation in marketing education; or
- Applicant has alternatively consistently engaged in advanced research in marketing or related fields for a period of at least ten (10) years; or
- Applicant has been engaged in lecturing at University or College for a period of at least ten (10) years.
- Requisite Marketing Qualifications
Applicants for Fellowship who would already be Full Members of the Institute shall hold the under listed relevant and recognised marketing qualifications.
- Recognised under graduate degree in Marketing from a reputable institution approved by the Council; or,
- Recognised Postgraduate Degree in Marketing from a reputable institution approved by the Council; or,
- Recognised Professional Qualification in Marketing from a reputable examining body approved by the Council.